Fly540 premier Safari Rally car category has attracted 39 crews, 10 that will start in the Fly540 RSC Rally on Saturday.
Six times champion Ian Duncan heads the seeded entry list, with defending champion Tapio Laukkanen second, according to names released by Kenya Motor Sports Federation secretariat.
Former African champion Jaspreet “Jassi” Chatthe and his partner Gurdeep Panesar “Gugu” will take off in third position under ‘Team Kibos’ banner.
MRT’s Manvir Baryan and Onkar Rai of Kabras Sugar Racing are the two emerging Kenya National Rally Championship stars and both will pilot the much-anticipated new Skoda Fabia R5 on its fourth outing on Kenyan soil.
The rest of the Kabras drivers -Baldev “Boldy” Chager and Tejveer Rai -will steer Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10 R4s which are equally competitive.
There is also an ex-Rajbir Rai Fiesta Fiesta R5 for youngster Amaanraj Rai, Rising star Karan Patel and former multiple KNRC champion Carl “Flash” Tundo will drive Mitsubishi Evolution 10s.
A fabulous fight is in prospect in the Classic Car category, which has attracted five entries with a mix of cars including Mark1 and Mark2 Ford Escorts and Datsuns.
Raaji Bharij (Ford Escort MK1), Ramesh Vishram (Ford Escort MK2) and Jonathan Somen (Ford Escort Mk2) head the Ford runners while Stefano Roca is back in a Datsun 280Z and will be navigated by former KNRC Champion Pier Daykin. Rajwinder Jutely will rev at the wheel of aDatsun 160J.
There are three entries in the Group S competition which is a preserve of cars of expired homologation. Newcomer Gerald Maina aka “G-Captain” and Mombasa based youngster Sohanjeet Puee of Team Nanak are among other the notable drivers entered in the S Class of the event.
Clerk of the course, Frank Gitau said the rally will be flagged-off at Galleria Mall from 7amonwards on Saturday.
“Rally cars will then tackle a 28km transport road section through to the first stage at Oldonyati. Rally traffic will then proceed into a Remote Refuel zone, through to the 53km stage at Oldokilani.
Crews will then tackle the 32km stretch (CS3) from Kajiado to Kipeto and into the 3.2km Champagne Park stage which is the designated viewing point. The 84km four-stage loop will be repeated twice to make up a total competitive mileage of i68km and a liaison distance of 143km.
The KNRC-which has been to Mombasa, Nakuru and Eldoret is co-sponsored by Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB).
RALLY ITINERARY (1ST CAR)-SATURDAY
07:00: Start- Galleria Mall
07.43: CS1-Oldonyati 1-Hunters 1 (12.75km)
8:06: CS2-Sintato 1-Oldokilani 1 (35.40km)
9:34: CS3-Kajiado 1-Kipeto 1 (32.90km)
10:22: CS4- Champagne Park 1 (3.2km)
SERVICE A-Champagne Park
12.18: CS5-Oldonyati 2-Hunters 2 (12.75km)
12:41: CS6-Sintato 2-Oldokilani 2 (35.40km)
14:09: CS7-Kajiado 2-Kipeto 2 (32.09km)
14:37: CS8- Champagne Park 2 (3.2km)
SERVICE B-Champagne Park
Finish- Champagne Park
SEEDED ENTRY LIST-FLY 540 RSC RALLY
- Ian Duncan/Amaar Slatch (EVOX)
- Tapio Laukkanen/Gavin Laurence (Subaru)
- Jassi Chatthe/Gugu Panesar (EVOX)
- Manvir Baryan/Drew Sturrock (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Baldev Chager/Ravi Soni (EVOX)
- Onkar Rai/Gareth Dawe (Skoda Fabia R5)
- Carl Tundo/Tim Jessop (EVOX)
- Karan Patel/James Mwangi (EVOX)
- Amaanraj Rai/Tauseef Khan (Ford Fiesta)
- Farhaaz Khan/Keith Henrie (EVOX)
- Jasmeet Chana/Ravi Chana (EVO)
- Piero Cannobio/Sylvia Frigo (EVOX)
- Frank Tundo/Zahir Shah (Subaru N10)
- Asad Khan/Harshil Limbani (Subaru)
- Mahesh Halai/Ketan Halai (Subaru N12)
- Dilraj Chatthe/Kavit Dave (EVOX)
- Eric Bengi/Tuta Monki (Subaru N12)
- Raaji Bharij/Rajey Sehmi (Ford Escort MK1)
- Jonathan Somen/Richard Hechle (Ford Escort MK2)
- Natasha Tundo/Chantal Young (Subaru N10)
- Osman Abdullahi/George Mwangi (Subaru N10)
- Aakif Virani/Azhar Bhatti (Subaru N14)
- Minesh Rathod/Shameer Yusuf (EVOX)
- Paras Pandya/Falgun Bhojak (EVOX)
- Rehan Shah/Imran Khan (EVO9)
- Ammar Haq/Victor Okundi (Subaru N10)
- Manmeet Puee/Adnan Din (EVOX)
- Sohanjeet Puee/Gurveer Pandhal (Subaru)
- Snehal Kumar/George Kiama (EVO9)
- David Kioni/Henry Nyoike (Subaru)
- Ramesh Vishram/ Riyaz Ismail (Ford Escort MK2)
- Stefano Roca/Piers Daykin (Datsun 280Z)
- Ben Woodhams/ (Ford Capri)
- Sammy Nyorri/Mwangi Kioni (Toyota RunX)
- Leo Varese/Kigondu Kareithi (Toyota)
- Charles Hinga/Norris Ongalo (Toyota RunX)
- Rajwinder Jutley/Crispin Kennedy (Datsun 160J)
- Gerald Maina/Dennis Mwenda (Subaru)
- Daren Miranda/Wayne Fernandes (Subaru)